Few things give the Albumism team as much joy and gratification as engaging with our global community of fellow album lovers and exchanging memories about the albums we adore. So it should come as no surprise that we’re beyond thrilled to introduce a brand new recurring feature affectionately called “This Album is Me,” which shines the spotlight squarely on you, our readers and fellow music obsessives, and the albums you love.
The request from us is a simple one:
- Ask someone to snap a digital photo of you holding an album that you love
- Write a paragraph or two about what the album means to you
- Share a few tidbits of basic information about who you are
- Email all of it to firstname.lastname@example.org and you’ll have a chance to be featured on Albumism.com and seen by thousands of other music lovers worldwide
IMPORTANT NOTE: Only submissions that adhere to all of the guidelines and terms & conditions outlined below will be accepted for consideration, so please read these carefully.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
All photos must:
- Feature the album owner (you) holding one album of your choice with the front cover artwork clearly visible. While vinyl albums are preferred due their larger size, we welcome photographs of cassette and compact disc albums as well, as long as the album artwork is clearly visible.
- Be high-resolution images in JPG or PNG format with dimensions of at least 1000 pixels wide x 1000 pixels long. Note that landscape (horizontal) orientation (as opposed to portrait orientation) is preferred.
The following photos will NOT be accepted:
- “Mirror” selfies with your phone visible. We encourage you to ask a friend or family member to take your picture for you.
- Photos that contain profanity, obscenity or otherwise questionable content
Note: Albumism reserves the right to edit all images submitted to ensure optimal rendering on Albumism.com and Albumism’s social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
All photos submitted must be accompanied by a brief description of approximately 100 to 400 words. In this description, please explain any combination of the following:
- Why you selected the album in question
- What the album means to you personally
- Personal memories you have of the album
- Your favorite songs from the album
Note: Albumism reserves the right to edit all descriptions submitted for enhanced readability, as well as to ensure proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.
All photos submitted must be accompanied by the following information:
- Your first and last name
- Your city, state/province, and country of residence
- Your age (18 and older only, please)
Note: For photographs that Albumism selects to be published on Albumism.com and our social media channels, the respective personal information will be included with the descriptions. Albumism will not share this information with third parties.
All submissions must be emailed to email@example.com with the subject line: This Album is Me Submission.
Due to the high volume of submissions, there is a limit of one submission per person and we will make every attempt possible to feature as many submissions as we can. However, there is no guarantee that the photo you submit will be published by Albumism. If the photo you submit is selected to be published by Albumism, we will respond to your email to confirm the planned publish date.
Terms & Conditions
By submitting a photo accompanied by a description and the personal information specified in the guidelines above, you acknowledge your understanding and agreement with these terms and conditions and subsequent use of your photo, description and personal information by and at the discretion of Albumism. By submitting your photo, you are acknowledging that you have received explicit permission from the photographer and/or any featured individuals, and you assume responsibility for any unauthorized use of the photo by you or by Albumism.
Photographers will relinquish copyright to their photographs to Albumism. All submissions become the property of Albumism. By submitting a photograph, the photographer and individual featured in the photograph agree to have their submitted photograph displayed on the Albumism website, Albumism’s social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or for use in any future publicity, publications, and/or promotional materials without any fee or other form of compensation, and agree that Albumism may display the photo in an online photo gallery, and may make and retain copies of the photograph for archival purposes.
Albumism will not sell the photo or share the photo with third parties. In the event that ownership of any photograph submitted to Albumism is contested in any manner, Albumism retains the discretion to disqualify and discontinue use of the photograph.
Albumism reserves the right to disqualify any submission that we have reason to believe is not the original work of either the person submitting the photo or the photographer authorized to take this photo on behalf of the person submitting the photo, or does not otherwise meet the terms and conditions.
By submitting a photo, you agree to release and hold harmless Albumism from any and all liabilities, damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind resulting from your photo submission, including infringement of intellectual property rights. Albumism assumes no responsibility or liability for any damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind arising in whole or in part from this photo submission initiative.